Thursday, April 26, 2012

Whats Your Beef ? Ribeye Please

When it comes to the best cut of steak it has to be the ribeye for me. The ribeye also know as the scotch fillet (in australia and new zealand) is a beef steak cut from the rib section. The rib section of beef spans through ribs six through twelve. Because these muscles are not worked very much, steaks from this area are tender and marbled with fat.
Today most people would rather go to a western saloon atmosphere with strewn peanuts on the floor to enjoy a good steak. Not me. I would rather sit on the deck, fire up the grill and enjoy a good cabernet. Ribeyes are best cook medium rare to medium. Rare for me please.
Just add a little sea salt and cracked black pepper and you are set. Always let the steaks come to room tempeature and lightly coat with a little oil. Preheat your gas grill for 5 minutes or wait till your coals ash over. Coals for me please. Put on the steaks and close the lid. Normally about 4 to 5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the steak. Remove steaks from the grill and cover them loosely with foil. Let them rest for 6 to 10 minutes. Now fill up the wine glass add a good salad and enjoy.


3 comments:

  1. My favorite steak is a medium rare rib eye!! We love to grill too, but next week we are going to Del Frisco - the king of steaks in NYC, so I plan enjoying my juicy and perfect rib eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems rib-eye gets a bad rap for being too fatty, but as you say, it's an stunningly tasty, juicy cut of meat. I don't eat it often, but when I do, I savor every last morsel.

    ReplyDelete